BASKETBALL GOAL POLICY POLICY:
1. This Policy is put into effect because the Nottingham Forest Bylaws, Plats and Declarations of Restrictions forbids the placement of basketball goals on the exterior of any structure or constructed separately as stated in the First Plat through the Thirteenth Plat, except the Eighth Plat. The Eighth Plat provides some latitude in the use of basketball goals on the Lot.
2. These policies are revised to achieve continuity in the use of basketball goals in Nottingham
Forest thereby removing the restrictions and conditions that exist in the First Plat through the
Thirteenth Plats and modifying the conditions in the Eighth Plat. The current Nottingham
Forest Bylaws, Plats and Declarations of Restrictions for the First Plat through the Thirteenth
Plat, except the Eighth Plat states, in part:
9. Buildings or Uses Other Than for Residential Purposes. – Noxious Activities.
(c) No television or radio antenna or basketball goal shall be placed on the exterior of
any structure or constructed separately.
The Plats and Declarations for the Eighth Plat states, in part:
1. In the event and to the extent the provisions of this Amendment are contrary to or more
restrictive than the provisions of the Declaration, the provisions of this Amendment
(ii) All basketball goals shall be free standing and not attached to the residence unless
the Architectural Committee determines that there are compelling reasons for the
basketball goal to be attached to the residence. All basketball goals shall be
consistent with the standard designs and materials to be selected by the
Architectural Committee. All backboards shall be clear or painted white and all
poles shall be a neutral color. There shall be only one basketball goal per Lot. The
Architectural Committee shall have the right to establish reasonable rules regarding
the hours of use of basketball goals and any such rules shall be binding upon all of
STATEMENT OF POLICY:
1. The Nottingham Forest Homes Association recognizes our deed restrictions relative to
basketball goals are too restrictive and/or inconsistent among the Nottingham Forest Plats.
The Board has recognized that changes are needed in the deed restrictions and as such has
adapted a Basketball Goal Policy.
2. Basketball goals shall be free standing and not attached to the residence unless the
Architectural Chair determines that there are compelling reasons for the goal to be attached to
the residence. The basketball goals must be placed on or near the driveway. No basketball
courts are allowed on any private residence in Nottingham Forest. However, any basketball
goals attached to the residence and any basketball courts in existence as of the date of this
policy are hereby grandfathered as being in compliance with this policy.
3. There shall be one basketball goal per Lot.
4. The Architectural Chair will make the final determination should there be issues concerning
the construction and/or use of the basketball goal.
April 1, 2013